Monday 6 September 2010

4th September - Parkour Jam

Blogging about the jam 2 days after it happened simply because I was too lazy to update straight after.

So I got invited to a Parkour Jam by Davey, a fellow Traceur in Coventry and shortly before headed off I also told Kentleigh (via 3Run Forum) about the Jam as he was lacking in people to train with. Anyway, I went to the train station at 11:10, since I'd woken up late, even though we were originally meeting at 11:00. Unknown to the other Traceurs' strict time schedule, I arrived to see nobody but Kentleigh (who I did not realise was a Traceur at this point) waiting for the meet. I briefly saw Eugene, Harry and Ben leave from the train station but didn't stop to ask where the jam was just in case they weren't who I thought they were. So, I waited for about an hour still not realising that the guy waiting behind me was Kentleigh. I honestly don't know why I waited so long, but it's not like I have anything other to do, is it?

Anyway, as I was getting ready to depart and train on my lonesome in town, Kentleigh asked if I was waiting for the Parkour Jam and a huge wave of relief washed over me, since I actually had someone to train with and someone had actually turned up. Anyway, after short discussion me and Kent (English) decided to walk around and find some training spots since it appeared we'd been left by the other Traceurs. After a brief time walking around, we stumbled right into the group of Traceurs, Free-Runners and Trickers who were attending the jam. We decided to train with them, and it was truly an amazing experience.

After a very awkward handshake with Chris, we actually got down to some training; precisions mostly during the start, since I was still just warming up with Kent. Turns out he was from South Africa and was indeed a very awesome guy.

So after meeting up with the Northhampton and Coventry Traceurs, we moved to different training spots and therefore I discovered many more than I had originally trained at. We played a game called Ground Zero where you have to traverse a building without touching the ground; I was absolutely shit at it. Hoping to train at the spot where we played and practice my climbing though.

Had a Macdonalds with Ashley and Kent, whilst Eugene and Ben went to Subway. Somehow managed to avoid getting bloated and continued to train until we all eventually went home. It was an amazing day and absolutely nothing went wrong. No injuries, nothing.

Peace and Love,
Dan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment